Maintenance and Chemical Operator Job Description
Date: March 2019
Job Reports to: Pilot Plant Production Manager
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
- Observe and comply with all company, local, state, and federal safety and quality regulations.
- Store, retrieve, mix and monitor components used in the production process (raw materials, chemicals, components, equipment or finished goods) exercising caution while handling.
- Formulate, batch product and fill containers (bottles, drums, totes, etc.) with product following procedure to customer specifications.
- Actively monitor area to identify problems in the manufacturing process and troubleshoot: including equipment malfunction, raw material storage/handling, and problems in the conversion of raw materials to finished products.
- Maintain legible records pertaining to ingredients, weights and temperature in online databases and manufacturing notebooks.
- Transport full and empty product containers in various sizes by forklift.
- Prepare product for shipment.
- Stock product and packaging supplies.
- Assist in planning and improving processes and product quality.
- Support positive interactions with external customers and vendors.
- May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Flexible Work Schedule
- Full Benefits Package: Medical, Dental, Vision
- Tax Deferred Retirement Options
- Training and development opportunities
- Paid Holidays
- Paid time off
o Must have the ability to read and understand various documents related to the production process.
o Must be able to interpret customer specifications and results while maintaining a strong attention to detail.
o Must have the ability to apply technical, engineering and experience knowledge to problems involving process design and debottlenecking, as well as material and utility usage efficiencies.
o Must have the ability to self-motivate and work independently.
o Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
o Must be able to sit or stand for extended periods of time.
o Must be able to life heavy objects, climb, crouch, operate tools and wear required protective safety gear.
o Must be willing and able to work first shift and additional hours beyond regularly schedule shift, if necessary.
o Must have the ability to perform necessary tasks and work hours needed to accomplish departmental and company goals.
- Equipment Used:
o Must be able to operate chemical processing equipment to support the production process.
o Utilize and support production equipment at different workstations as needs require, or shift from one station to another.
o Must be able to obtain a forklift certification.
o High School Diploma or equivalent
o Chemical processing experience preferred
o Maintenance Experience preferred
o Strong computer experience required; PLC experience preferred
- Special Skills:
o Demonstrates ability to quickly learn and adapt new ideas and processes
o Strong mechanical skills